Nowadays many organizations are simply forced to introduce a remote format. In this article, we will consider how to organize board meetings online.
The peculiarities of electronic board meetings
The situation in recent months has changed the world forever. The changes affected not only the personal life of the population but also severely reformatted all business spheres without exception. IT and telecommunications players, work and business processes that are designed for online activities remained a conditional benefit because they start transferring their activities in the online format. The collegial bodies also have been forced to adapt to such conditions.
Digital technologies are changing the way board communications are organized, which is critical to keeping all members motivated and informed. The world is flooded with social media, and the corporate intranet is also becoming more social, with elements of gamification. Particularly popular are board portals that combine elements of a network, project management tools, and a company’s information resource management system.
Board Portal – a perfect alternative to organize an electronic board meeting
Modern business is impossible without various kinds of negotiations. Board meetings are a kind of business management tool that constantly needs to evaluate the effectiveness and analyze the results achieved. For this purpose, board portals were intended. Boar management software is a secure cloud-based digital platform, that provides useful tools to simplify the interaction between the board of directors and the workflow of the meeting in general.
The board software has the following tools for collaboration of board of directors:
- File transfer. The transfer of files is carried out directly to the interlocutor without the use of third-party file-sharing programs and additional technical means.
- Electronic board. The electronic board allows participants in a personal video conference to draw, enter and edit text or graphic data in a separate window using various graphic tools.
- Show desktop. Displaying the desktop allows you to transmit the video broadcast of the current desktop to your interlocutors in real-time, as well as transfer control over it to one of the interlocutors.
- Message exchange. Users can exchange instant messages during a video call using a personal chat, during a group video conference in a general chat, as well as outside a conference. It is possible to send and receive offline messages.
- Show presentations. During a video conference session, the function of showing presentations is available to users. This option allows you to show the interlocutor presentation slides, photographs, drawings, tables, diagrams, and other graphic and text documents.
- Video recording. Video conference recording allows you to record video and audio streams of one or all broadcasting conference participants in TrueConf client applications.
- The address book. The address book stores contacts and provides quick access to a number of useful functions. From the address book, you can write to the chat, view the history of correspondence, add a user to a group.
Board software security policy
Board portal vendors provide the following security measures:
- signing electronic documents using cryptographic algorithms;
- verification of authorship and invariability of the document upon signing;
- differentiation of access to information in accordance with the user’s role in the system;
- two-factor authentication or enhanced electronic signature for login;
- the automatic blocking of access for users who have not used the system for a certain period of time;
- communication using 256-bit TLS encryption;
- system of warnings about logging in from external devices;
- user activity logging;
- the impossibility of intercepting a user account, accessing data without authorization, introducing unauthorized program codes into the system;
- differentiation of access to information in accordance with the user’s role in the system.